Naruto Realm - Game Forums
Please login or register to see more content!

A full open world PvP MMORPG based on the Naruto series

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

First stage - Academy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aceth

PostSubject: First stage - Academy   Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am

A suggestion/idea on how to do the whole academy thing.

I think this should be a phased kind of starting zone, what I mean is that you quickly age when you are in the academy, starting from around.. I don't know, 8 perhaps. The reason for this is that I think it would be just a bit weird to be an even smaller kid in the academy. You wouldn't be 8 years old for very long, as when you do a certain amount of classes within the academy, you go out of that phase and your model changes to a 10 year old, where you will start to learn about the basics of jutsu.

Just examples -

phase 1 - Starting out at 8 years old - You learn about the different Jutsu, although you do not perform them until the next phase.

Phase 2 - 10 years old - You will begin learning how to use the basic jutsu, learning about how to release Genjutsu, to do the clone technique and ofcourse substitution, you'll also learn about others, but I'll probably leave that up to the people coding and actually implementing all of this into the game.

Phase 3 (final phase) -
12 years old - You are at the last stage of your academy training, on the verge of becoming a Genin, you have to do a final series of tests to become one, also defeating a newly assigned Genin from the year before (npc).

Once you have done these three phases, and you are outside of the academy, you will now be at the age of 13-14, and will have to choose your first Nature type. The Nature type that you choose will determine the first set of skills that you will start out with as a Genin. There should also be an option not to really have a starting Nature type, being able to chose to concentrate more on Taijutsu, Genjutsu or healing.

Clans are an exception to this.

(Ninjutsu will be locked, since the nature types basically count for that, the ninjutsu type will be automaticly chosen for certain clans)

Konohagakure Clan exeptions

The Uchiha have their Chakra automatically chosen as fire. (which could be the downside to being an Uchiha)
The Hyƫga have their style automatically chosen as Taijutsu, although they start out with gentle-fist style, not like the normal Taijutsu starting techniques.
The Nara clan also have a certain set of skills, the shadow manipulation style of jutsu.
The Aburame clan will have a set of skills unique to them, to do with insects.
The Inuzuka Clan will have a set of Taijutsu skills unique to them. They also get a pet.
The Akimichi Clan will have a set of Taijutsu skills unique to them, also techniques to do with chakra consumption and things such as that at later levels.
The Yamanaka Clan will be a more of a support clan, using abilities to more support in battle, although at later skill levels they'll be able to use things such as Mind Body Disturbance Technique.

It's up to you lot implementing stuff to decide whether to limit the amount of clans that one will be able to chose, since it seems slightly unbalanced from my point of view, comparing Konohagakure to the other villages when it comes to unique clan/hidden jutsu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PerveySage
Admin

PostSubject: Re: First stage - Academy   Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

Nice idea and layout hit the only bit that worries me is the aging.

Naruto Realm
Naruto Realm

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aceth

PostSubject: Re: First stage - Academy   Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 am

Aging is always a problem in gaming, It's very hard to deal with
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First stage - Academy